Self-Identity, Self-Authority & Self-Responsibility
“Rock the Boat. Do Rock the Boat Baby. Tip the Boat. Do Tip the Boat Over.”
“The gorilla is quiety charismatic and a symbol of raising our heads and recognizing the nobility within us.” ~ from Spirit Animal Totems
I just adopted the gorilla as my power animal.
I say YES to healthy adaptation and resilience. I say NO to over-accomodation, pleasing others at my own expense and postponing delivering on my soul’s greatest purpose for being on this planet.
I SAY “YES”:
- To being myself fully and without any reservation.
- To forthright expression of all of my emotions without fear of what others will think, or despite feeling afraid to speak out.
- To telling the truth, even if it’s scary.
- To always behaving in line with my values of creativity, contribution, freedom, recognition, awe, beauty, collaboration, adventure, learning and connection with others.
- To always standing up for myself.
- To knowing what I want and going for it with gusto.
- To not letting someone else talk me out of any of my well thought out decisions or perceptions.
- To putting my needs and wants first.
- To adapting to others needs and wants, only if I’m not sacrificing my own.
- To not postponing my life in any way, including the postponement of goals, dreams, tasks, fun or responsibilities.
- To securing my success, even if someone else may be threatened by it.
- Genuineness, authenticity and living my truth moment-by-moment.
- To taking care of myself by eating nutritiously, sleeping 7.5 hours a day, exercising and making self-care and my own projects my first priority.
I never give my thoughts, emotions, creativity, sponteneity, authenticity or capacity for intimacy to keep others around, get their approval, or not make waves.”
I do it now!
I always keep my promises!
Valerie J. Olson
“This above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any ( person) man.” Polonius (In Hamlet, by William Shakespeare)